I tried a lot of new recipes in 2008. Most were delicious. Some were very forgetable. A couple were downright awful. LOL! Here are some of my favorites from the past year:
- Ladenia - This has to be my most favorite recipe from 2008. I'd never heard of Ladenia until I came across it over at Peter M.'s Kalofagus. Heaven. On. A. Plate. (Especially with homegrown Indiana tomatoes!)
- Migas - Love them all but my favorite this year was Rachael Ray's recipe with Tomato-Chipotle Sauce. Mmmm.
- Peking Chicken Pizza - Joe from Culinary in the Desert makes the best pizza ever! Crispy crust. Roasted seame seeds. A smoky-sweet sauce. My mouth waters just thinking of it.
- Fried Green Tomatoes with Warm Indian Spices - SpiceLines post on fried green tomatoes introduced me to my new favorite spice ... garam masala.
- Huevos Rancheros - The Smitten Kitchen's post on huevos rancheros convinced me I should try them. OMG! My new favorite breakfast. (And lunch. And dinner!)
- Eggplant and Goat Cheese Sandwiches with Tomato Tarragon Sauce -
- Crab Quesadillas - Not sure why the idea of crab in a quesadilla was a light bulb moment for me. I love crab. I love quesadillas. Kevin's pictures over at Closet Cooking convinced me to try it. Delicious!
- Baked Sweet Potato Fries -- Ingrid Hoffman's Baked Sweet Potato Fries with Avocado Dip was to die for! Even DH liked it!
Here's hoping for more delicious recipes in 2009!