Tuesday, May 20, 2008

Kate's Zuchinini Rounds

Day number one of the Get in Shape Challenge in our household. Dh and I both weighed-in (Scary!) and measured and started tracking everything we eat and all exercise we do. It's amazing how quickly all those healthy habits have evaporated. This is like starting right back at square one. Got a lot of motivation though. My class reunion is in July. The last one was right after I'd given birth so right there is plenty of motivation to be slim and trim in time for this one! ;-)

To kick off this Challenge, I'm trying to come up with new ways to fix vegetables that we'll actually eat. We are really bad about that and don't get nearly enough. Now that Farm Stand season is almost upon us, I'm hoping to take advantage of the fresh, local produce and find ways to make it so yummy that we'll want to eat it! Tonight's recipe was a great start. (Especially since I'm going to be growing zucchini in my garden this summer! Yum!) Simple and quick but still tasty. Just the way I like it! This is a great side dish for anything grilled and I expect it will show up on our table on a regular basis. I love how beautiful it looks, with the bright green and yellow and the cheese toasted on top. Mmmm! This is a recipe that I've had in my files for quite awhile but never got around to trying. I have it marked as coming from Home Made Simple but apparently it isn't there anymore.

I'm going to need some help convincing my family that veggies are a good thing. Send me your healthy yet yummy vegetable recipes. I'll gather them all up and post them all Monday during the next Get in Shape Challenge check in. My family will vote on the ones they want to try and I'll make the most popular choices and blog about the results. Email your recipes to ImRunningToEat at gmail dot com.


Kate's Zucchini Rounds

Recipe from homemadesimple.com

Zucchini
Melted butter or margarine or butter-flavored cooking spray
Parmesan cheese
Garlic powder

Slice zucchini (as much as you want to make) and arrange on a no-stick cookie sheet. Drizzle with melted butter or margarine, or spray with butter-flavor cooking spray. Sprinkle with Parmesan cheese and garlic powder. Broil until cheese bubbles and browns.

No comments: