Friday, August 15, 2008

Huevos Racheros: Heaven on a Plate!


I found the most amazingly simple and incredibly delicious idea for a quick and easy dinner over at Smitten Kitchen. Huevos Rancheros. I've heard of them for years but never really thought much about them ... until I saw Deb's gorgeous photos and simple recipe. After reading her post I knew we'd have to try it. I even picked up some corn tortillas at the grocery so I knew I'd make them, I just didn't know when.

Ds has given up running cross country and has decided to try out for the tennis team instead. He'd been wanting to go to the middle school and practice for awhile. Today was sunny, yet cool for August in Indiana so off we went. He hit balls with dh while I moseyed on over to the track and got about 3 miles in. It felt good to get back out there. I hadn't run in almost a month. Hopefully now that school is starting, I will be able to get back into the exercise groove. It should be a bit easier if ds has tennis practice every day. I won't have an excuse not to use the track! LOL! Last year I did most of my running during cross country and wrestling practices. In the beginning, the other parents looked at me like I was nuts but by the end of the season there were at least 5 or 6 others who were running or walking during practices. :-)

Coming home with no idea what dinner was going to be and pretty wiped out (in a good way!) I deciped to give Deb's Huevos a try. O.M.G.!!! So quick. So delicious. So easy! Corn tortillas, eggs, cheese, black beans (I used Trader Joe's Cuban Black Beans. Mmmm!), fresh salsa toped with some leftover guac. Heaven. On. A. Plate!

My pictures don't do it justice. Head on over to Smitten Kitchen and check out Deb's drool-worthy pictures and her awesome idea of frying the egg on the tortilla.

2 comments:

Anonymous said...

I don't know about justice, but your picture sure makes me want to eat some! I haven't had heuvos rancheros in years. They're good, aren't they?

grace said...

yeah, your picture did the trick for me--i'm now craving a hot and spicy mexican breakfast. nice work. :)