Friday, January 1, 2010

Goodbye ... and Good Riddance to 2009!


I'm calling a do-over! 2009 didn't work out at all the way I'd planned.

Well, now that 2009 is history and I look back over the past months I am pleasantly surprised that I'm still blogging. 2009 was not a stellar year. Too many losses. Too much sadness. Too many changes. (Too much weight gained!) Definitely a year we're happy to put behind us.

My original goal for I'm Running to Eat! has gone by the wayside this year. The blog was supposed to be a way to motivate myself to prepare healthier meals for my family as well as track my fitness goals and chronicle my journey to running a full marathon. Unfortunately plans changed this year and while I think I did well on preparing home-cooked meals instead of eating out, the "healthy" part slipped from the forefront and the running ended up to be non-existent by the end of 2009.

January always means New Year's Resolution's and this year is no exception.

  • In 2010, I'm Running to Eat! is going to be filled with more healthy family-fare. I'm going to be trying at least one new vegetable recipe each week while trying to convince my picky offspring that veggies can be tasty even if they are good for you. ;-)
  • Running and fitness are going to become a higher priority. DH and I are beginning a training program for our Half Marathon in May. All those extra pounds we accumulated in 2009 are gonna be out of here!
  • And I'm going to get back to blogging on a more regular basis. I'm going to be learning how to take better pictures with our new camera and all the neat photo equipment DH has gotten lately. I'm also participating in Ten in '10 Healthy Challenge over at RecipeGirl.com. Hopefully that will encourage me to stick to my healthy New Year's Resolutions (at least for the first ten weeks!) Head on over to RecipeGirl.com to join in on the challenge.

Happy 2010 to all of you. Hope you all have a great year!

No comments: