Wednesday, May 7, 2008

Chicken Spinach Pizza

It's raining here once again. I'm feeling the motivation returning though. Now that my goal race has passed, I feel like all that pressure has been lifted and I can just go out and run for fun. I'd forgotten that feeling. A couple of my friends ran the race last Saturday and since they felt they weren't prepared adequately to really race it, they left their watches at home and ran it for fun and had a blast. Why is it so easy to get caught up in the competitive part of running? I dunno. I'm going to work at remembering that I do this for fun. I have a feeling that that's going to make it a lot easier to get out the door in the mornings. What do you do to keep it fun? Any suggestions?

Here's a great quick and easy recipe for a pizza that might even get your kids to eat some spinach! Jill over at Simple Daily Recipes definitely has a winner with this one: Chicken Spinach Pizza.

Chicken Spinach Pizza

Recipe By Jill McKeever

1 package Mama's Gourmet Pizza Crust
extra virgin olive oil
1/4 cup seasoned tomato sauce
1/3 package frozen whole leaf spinach, (10 oz) thawed and squeezed dry
2 cooked chicken breasts, sliced
2 green onions, chopped (2 to 3)
10 grape tomatoes, halved
2 oz. Romano cheese, thinly sliced
1 cup Mozzarella cheese, grated
salt and pepper

Preheat oven with pizza stone to 425F degrees.

Drizzle 2-3 teaspoons extra virgin olive oil on crust, lightly coat all the crust evenly with fingers, then sprinkle with pepper.

Spread around tomato sauce, don't feel like you have to coat the whole crust, just here and there.

Layer on spinach, chicken, tomatoes, onions. Sprinkle on salt and pepper, being sure to hit the spinach and tomatoes with salt.

Lay on slices of Romano on chicken, and spread Mozzarella all over.

Bake on pizza stone 7-9 minutes. Allow to cool a couple of minutes before serving.

3 comments:

running42k said...

I think that we need the goals in running ever once in a while, but you are right, it is fun just to run for fun sometimes.

Jill@SimpleDailyRecipes.com said...

Good morning Teresa,

I totally hear you. Cycling is my favorite form of exercise. I recently purchased a bicycle, it's been years since I've been on one.

And last night, I caught myself trying to turn my new toy into a exercise device for getting in shape. I started scheduling when, where, how much...totally sucking out the joy and fun of simply riding. Thankfully, I was able to stop myself and just went for a ride.

It was SO sweet to just get away from the house, ride through my beautiful neighborhood, smell the fragrant vines growing on the neighbors fences and feel the cool wind rushing over my skin.

Jill@SimpleDailyRecipes.com said...

Oh I got lost in the memory of riding, and forgot to say...

I'm so glad you & your family enjoyed the pizza recipe. When you get a chance, would you use my new star rating system and rate that recipe and any others you have tried?

I'm put that in place to help take out the mystery of goodness for new readers.

Thank you for everything, I appreciate your friendship & support.