Sunday, November 18, 2007

Having a bad day


No running this week. ::sigh:: I'd planned to run some around the end of the week. Then on the way to get a leg massage (as a reward for all that running I'd planned to do) I had a wreck. A minor one but still enough to derail my training plan. Hopefully next week will be a little better on the running front.

I tried another Rachael Ray recipe this week that looks like it'll be a keeper. Chicken Tortellini with Broccoli Rabe caught my eye over at Everything Rachael Ray recently. When I happened to find myself next to the refrigerated pasts at the market last week, I decided to throw this dish together after the basketball game. It was quick and delish (though I think I'd prefer it with cheese tortellini instead.)


Chicken Tortellini with Broccoli Rabe

1 pound broccoli rabe -- trimmed [ I used bagged baby spinach.]
1 pound chicken tortellini
2 tablespoons extra-virgin olive oil
2 cloves garlic -- chopped
1/2 teaspoon crushed red pepper
Salt
2 tablespoons butter
8 ounces sliced oil-packed sun-dried tomatoes -- drained
1/4 cup dry white wine
Grated Parmesan cheese, for serving


1. In a large pot of boiling salted water, cook the broccoli rabe for 1 minute. Using tongs, immediately transfer the broccoli rabe to a colander, rinse under cold water and pat dry.

2. Add the tortellini to the boiling water and cook according to package directions.

3. Meanwhile, in a large skillet, heat the olive oil over medium-high heat. Add the garlic and cook for 1 minute. Stir in the broccoli rabe and crushed red pepper. Season with salt and cook for 1 minute. Stir in the butter and sun-dried tomatoes and cook for 1 minute more. Add the wine and simmer until reduced, about 3 minutes.

4. Using a slotted spoon, transfer the tortellini to the vegetables. Scrape up any browned bits from the bottom of the skillet and toss to mix. Transfer to shallow bowls and top with Parmesan cheese.

No comments: