Thursday, November 1, 2007

A few of my favorite things

A few of my favorite can't-live-without things:

Santoku knife A late Mother's Day gift, this knife is my new favorite. It's great for everything -- chopping, dicing, mincing. Definitely an all-purpose tool. Added bonus ... it came in a two-pack from Sam's Club so I always have one clean and ready when I need it.


OXO Microplane This grater/zester is small and easy to handle and store. I use it while preparing food and also on the table for grating fresh Parmesan cheese.


OXO Good Grips Silicone Oven Mitt This mitt is by far the best oven mitt I've ever had. It's safe up to 600 degrees F and even has an embedded magnet so I can stick it on the side of my refrigerator.


OXO Good Grips 12-Inch Stainless-Steel Locking Tongs I have both the 12- and 9 inch tongs


Muir Glen Organic Fire Roasted Tomatoes The oven-roasted flavor is incredible. It transform formerly good recipes into something awesome. I especially love the smoky flavor they give to my jambalaya recipe.

Huge cutting board A few years ago I found a huge cutting board at an area flea market. It's about 18x24 inches. At the time I wasn't sure what I was going to do with it but I knew it looked handy. I keep it out on the counter between the sink and the stove and I use it all the time to chop onions or herbs quickly.

No comments: