Friday, December 3, 2010

FFWD: Pommes Dauphinois


I made this delicious dish on time.

I even took pictures.

But I forgot to post it. Oops!

This Potato Gratin or Pommes Dauphinois if you prefer, was selected  for French Fridays with Dorie during the month of November. Imagine a savory mix of tender potatoes and luscious cream topped with brown and bubbling cheese. And in this case, a delicious layer of baby spinach sauteed with garlic. Even the picky girls cleaned their plates and asked for seconds. This amazing recipe can be found in Dorie Greenspan’s Around My French Table.


French Fridays with Dorie is a group of bloggers who are cooking their way through Dorie Greenspan's new book Around My French Table. After reading Julie and Julia I became intrigued with French cooking. But despite my earnest attempts, I'm just not a Julia fan. Dorie's book provided the perfect alternative. The book is beautiful. The recipes intriguing as well as accessible. As a mom with four kids, my time is at a premium. I have no interest in long, complicated and involved recipes or those that require a shopping safari to find rare and exotic ingredients. Around My French Table definitely fits the bill perfectly. Every recipe has been so delicious that even my decidedly non-Francophile husband is coming around!

No comments: