Monday, December 6, 2010

FFWD: Roast Chicken for Lazy People



**Note** Oops! Here's another recipe that didn't post as scheduled. This is one of the November postings for French Fridays with Dorie. I know it's not November and I know it isn't Friday, but this recipe was too delicious to skip.

Roast Chicken for Les Paresseux was another winner from Dorie Greenspan's new cookbook, Around My French Table. The November selection for French Fridays with Dorie was easy to prepare. A few moments of preparations before placing it in the oven and forgetting it for 90 minutes. Unfortunately for me, this recipe would have worked better if the "Lazy Person" had a maid. The "secret weapon" of this recipe is the supposedly delicious, crispy slices of baguette that absorbs the delicious chicken juices before crisping up in the oven. Mine didn't so much "crisp" as "cement" themselves to the bottom of the pan. It took two days of soaking and scrubbing to finally remove the last of it from my pan. Next time I'll try something a little different and hopefully save some clean-up time. The recipe for Roast Chicken for Les Paresseux can be found in Dorie Greenspan's Around my French Table.

No comments: