Wednesday, May 13, 2009

Fiesta Wraps

Sometimes you want something delicious for lunch but don't have a lot of time. I'm so not a fan of boring, bland, same-old, same-old sandwiches. When I saw the recipe for Fiesta Wraps over at Fashionably Foodie I knew they would be the perfect solution to my lunchtime dilemma. Black beans, brown rice, fresh, juicy tomatoes and creamy avocado, sprinkled with cheese and topped with your favorite salsa. How can it miss?

I keep brown rice and black beans on hand and in the fridge at all times so this wrap went together in no time flat. Lots of fresh ingredients, plenty of protein and fiber and fairly low cal (if you are careful with the avocados and cheese), in addition to great taste make this the perfect choice for a quick lunch, especially on a hot, sunny summer day. (I keep telling myself we will actually have such a day. At the moment it seems like we all we have is cloudy days or rainy days! Enough already!)

Check out the recipe here.

2 comments:

Fearless Kitchen said...

This does look like a great lunch!

the wicked noodle said...

I agree about the boring sandwiches! This looks like a really nice lunch, and pretty healthy, too!