Saturday, November 1, 2008

Kids Cook: Jake's Pizza

It took me awhile to warm up to this cooking thing. A lot of years went by before I really embraced the concept. When my oldest was young, I'm afraid every night we drove through a drive-thru or ate some super processed something from the freezer section of the grocery store. I was young. I was busy. I couldn't be bothered.


Then we moved to the country. So far out that even the pizza delivery guys wouldn't go that far. :-( At that point, I didn't have a choice. I started cooking. At first it was purely functional. Then it grew to be fun and eventually and obsession.


All that hard work is starting to pay off.

Last week, dd had to write a paper about her family. My paragraph was about how I was a great cook. (And this from picky dd who doesn't eat anything!)


And ds ... ds of the dirt bikes and all things testosterone-laden and manly, has stated that he wants to be a doctor (just like House, no less!) and to be on Iron Chef. ;-) Since it's a little early to be practicing medicine, he started working toward those Iron Chef dreams by making dinner for us the other night.

No comments: