Wednesday, October 15, 2008

Won't be cooking today


I'm going to be taking a break from blogging today. On the way home from taking ds back to college last night, dh and I hit a deer. Deer are pretty common here in Indiana. It's one of the benefits of living out here in the country. I enjoy watching the sun come up, sipping my chai and watching the deer meander through the fields. Unfortunately that great beauty comes with a risk. :-(

We are both alright but my poor Pacifica isn't. This morning we're off to get it checked out by the insurance company, towed somewhere where they can fix it (quickly, I hope) and hopefully find an inexpensive car for me to drive while they do.

I have a feeling that it won't be a quick trip!

One good thing, while we were out of town Grandma and the kids picked up more persimmons and prepared about 15 cups of puree for the freezer. Woohoo! And since it looks like I might be stuck at home for awhile, just imagine all of the persimmon goodies I'll have time to make!

1 comment:

Patsyk said...

Thank goodness you both are ok! Bummer about the car, but as you said... you'll have lots of time to make up some delicious goodies while at home. Gotta find the silver lining, right? :)