Saturday, October 4, 2008

Pancakes with Blueberry-studded Honey Peach Sauce

I just wasn't very hungry tonight and the thought of whipping up a semi-labor intensive batch of gumbo just wasn't cutting it. Instead I checked the fridge to see what we had and decided to use up some of the fruit I picked up at the farmer's market last week. I whipped up a batch of pancakes, fried up some bacon (in the oven, of course!), and prepared the Blueberry-Studded Honey Peach Sauce that I'd bookmarked over at Inn Cuisine. Unfortunately my peaches were a little too far gone so I substituted some jarred peaches that I'd picked up at Aldi's awhile back. ::Patting myself on the back for using up stuff from the pantry:: They worked perfectly. In fact, they made the sauce really quick to put together since I didn't have to do any chopping or slicing. The sauce was delicious. The tart blueberries save the sauce from being too sweet. Definitely a keeper!

Since I've had this one bookmarked for awhile, it will be my submission to next week's Bookmarked Recipes event over at Ruth's Kitchen Experiments. Check out last week's yummy recipes here.




Blueberry-studded Honey Peach Sauce

Recipe courtesy of Inn Cuisine

1 cup honey
1/4 cup fresh or frozen blueberries
1 teaspoon ground Cinnamon
1 quart fresh or frozen (and thawed) sliced Peaches

Combine honey, blueberries and cinnamon in a large saucepan, mixing well. Bring to a boil over medium-high heat, stirring often. Reduce heat to low, simmering for 10 minutes or until the flavors are well blended. Remove from heat, add peaches and mix well.

Serve over waffles, pancakes, French toast, pound cake, cream stuffed crepes… and anything else you dare to try!

Makes approximately 8 servings.

No comments: