Monday, September 1, 2008

Blueberry-Nectarine Galette

This is another one of those "D'oh!" moments.

I'd been seeing lots of recipes for Galettes making the blog rounds and while I was getting ready for ds's Off-to-College party I decided to throw one together. I had a bag full of nectarines and some fresh blueberries. I didn't really use a recipe, just sort of winged it. It was great! But ... (I'm sure you know what's coming ... ) I didn't write it down and now I really can't remember how I did it. I know there was sugar and cinnamon and maybe nutmeg. Drawing a blank here. How aggravating. It was delicious. Sweet yet a little tart, though my dough was a little too crumbley. (I was trying to do three things at once and get them all done before people showed up. I should know better!)

Anyway, since I spaced it on the recipe, I thought I'd include links to some of the great galette recipes I've seen online lately (and to some *much* better gallate photos!) Some are sweet. Some are savoury. Galattes are a really great way to make some humble ingredients into something special.

More Galettes:

Plum Galette from Simply Recipes

Butternut Squash and Caramelized Onion Galette from Smitten Kitchen

Apartment Therapy's Fig and Lavender Goat Cheese Galette

Galettes aux herbe et nid d'ouef (Baked Eggs in Herb Crepes) from La Tartine Gourmand

Tony Tahhan's Peach Galettes

Mushroom and Spinach Galette
from Closet Cooking

No comments: