Sunday, July 13, 2008

World Breastfeeding Week

These days (or at least days within recent memory) running and cooking have become my passions. Back in the days before I discovered running (and the need to cook in order to fuel my runs), one of the things I was most passionate about was breastfeeding and breastfeeding advocacy. I joined the local La Leche League group when ds was a baby. Through the years (and several children) I stayed involved with the various LLL groups here in town. In fact, I've completed almost all of the training to become a LLL Leader myself.

Imagine my surprise (and joy) when I saw that Linda over at Make Life Sweeter is sponsoring a new food blogging event to celebrate World Breastfeeding Week. To participate all you have to do is prepare a sweet dish that incorporates milk as an ingredient (no, not necessarily breast milk. ;-) LOL!). Submit your recipe to Linda and blog about your dish by August 7, 2008.

LLL is a wonderful group and if you are pregnant right now or nursing a child, you should visit your local group. Don't know if there is a group in your town? Check here to find out.

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

Hey Teresa! *waving*

This is a sweet idea (pun intended)! I'm in. I even have a couple of recipes in mind already. I'll let you know when I post.

Thanks for spreading the word. I might not have found this otherwise.

Have a great week!

LJ