Monday, July 28, 2008

Ben to the Rescue: Mexican Pizza

Another busy day and dinner time rolls around a little later than usual. The kids are fussy, dh is starving and I am too tired to prepare the long, involved recipe that I'd planned for tonight. What to do? Why, check out Ben's blog over at What's Cooking? of course! One look at his Mexican Pizza solved all of our problems. We had a quick and easy (and delicious!) dinner made from pantry and garden staples on the table in no time at all.

Because we were in such a hurry, I used a pre-baked pizza crust but next time (and there definitely will be a next time!) I'll go with the healthier option and make my own whole wheat crust. I worried that without "sauce" per se, that we wouldn't like it but even dh, who is a total carnivore, said that this was the best "healthy" pizza I've ever fixed (and he said this as he was eating his second or third piece!) This is definitely a delicious way to eat your veggies!

Find the recipe for Ben's Mexican Chicken Pizza here.

1 comment:

Peter M said...

I'm so pleased to see Ben's pizza making the rounds. He's got some great food & he keeps us abreast of real Mexican food.