Friday, September 28, 2007

Time to get busy!

Fall is here. The kids are back to school. The weather is starting to finally *feel* like fall. I think it's time to get things back on track. Summer was great but it was too easy to start slacking. I pulled my hamstring and wasn't able to run much this summer. I got lazy and stopped cooking as many meals from scratch and actually started letting the kids eat things like ::gasp:: Easy Mac or Spaghetti-O's for dinner. Enough is enough!

I'm going to get back to a training schedule when it comes to running. I have a few races coming up, including an awesome (and very hilly) 80-mile relay race in April as well as the Indianapolis 500 Mini Marathon in May and if all goes well, a marathon in the fall. My goal is to get back to running consistently five days per week and get back to the level I was at before the injury.

Food-wise, I want to get back to preparing meals from scratch. I want to add more vegetables to our diet as well as finding dishes that we'll all enjoy eating. (And with 4 kids that won't be too easy!) I want to experiment different types of food as well as foods from different cultures. And I *know* there has to be a way to fix food that is healthy *and* tastes good and I'm going to find it!

No comments: